As I’m sure you’ve heard by now Apple announced some additions to it’s mobile line up yesterday and I thought it prudent to provide a break down of what’s new and different.
It’s no secret at this point that Apple has a yearly release cycle for all of their gadgets… So here we are again, one year after the let down that was the iPhone 4S unveiling and the rumor mill has been working over time, as usual.
Let me break down what I believe will be announced at this event…
Such a beautiful song musically and lyrically. Dan Smith (aka: Listener) has a very unique style albiet an aqcuired taste…
Lyrics after the break.
- No new iOS hardware – sorry folks I don’t see Apple announcing any new iPhones or iPads.
- However – I’m not ruling it out as a REMOTE possibility for the simple fact that the new iPhones will PROBABLY have a different screen size and they might want to get developers on board with the new aspect ratio prior to a launch, but I find that more likely you will hear leaks coming from the iOS 6 developer preview about that..
With that said…
- iOS 6 – We will get to see a subset of improvements coming to Apple’s mobile OS for iPhones and iPads. This is not new, we knew it was coming…
- With iOS 6 will come a new default “Maps” application – whether it will be from Apple or Google? I’m not sure – we’ll have to wait and see, but it’s long overdue for this app to be overhauled.
- Improvements to the notification center that was introduced in iOS 5 lining it up more with some of the tweaks we’ve seen in the OS X Mountain Lion previews.
- We will see some improvements to the default Mail.app
- iOS 6 will land this fall
What about OS X?
- We will get a definitive summer date (most likely July) for OS X Mountain Lion.
But everyone keeps talking about an Apple branded television?
- No Apple branded television – instead I see them doubling down on their current AppleTV adding more capabilities to compete with Microsoft’s new Smart Glass
We will all know come 10 AM Pacific, Noon Central, and 1 PM Eastern when they star the show.
I’ve been hacking/rooting/modding my Android phones since the days of the HTC Dream (G1), but this is by far the most insane hack I’ve ever done…
[[posterous-content:pid___0]] xda-Developers thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1611977
This video may help: